Thursday, August 22, 2013

Russian Federation Team CUP – 2013. Game 2 – CSM/Daemons (Xellos)

I’ve posted 1 report already from Russian Team Cup – 2013. As I have no photos from the games, It will be easier to post a short reports with some conclusions – it will be better to read and understand.

My army is Tyranids with 18 raveners:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TEAM : Minsk & Co
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLAYER 1: Alexander “Erle” Ivanov

HQ1: Hive Tyrant (170), 2 x TL Devourers (2x15); Wings (60); Leech Essence (0); Paroxism (0); Old Adversary (25) [285 pts] {warlord}
HQ2: Hive Tyrant (170), 2 x TL Devourers (2x15); Wings (60); Leech Essence (0); Paroxism (0); Old Adversary (25) [285 pts]

Elite1: 2 x Hive Guard [100 Pts]
Elite2: 2 x Hive Guard [100 Pts]
Elite3: 2 x Hive Guard [100 Pts]

Troop 1: Tervigon (160), Stinger Salvo (0), Scything Talons (5), Toxin Sacs (5), Catalyst (15) [190 pts]
Troop 2: 10 x Termagant Brood [50 pts]
Troop 3: 10 x Hormagaunt Brood [60 pts]

FA1: 9 x Ravener Brood (270), Rending Claws x 9 (5x9) [315 pts]
FA1: 9 x Ravener Brood (270), Rending Claws x 9 (5x9) [315 pts]

Fortification: Aegis defense lines [50 pts]

TOTAL [1850 pts]

In the first game I faced ROH with CSM close-combat army and got 11 points.
Second game was with Xellos, the Stranger.

Xellos plays a CSM-Daemons army:

ARMY DESCRIPTION : Chaos Space Marines + Chaos Daemons Allies

PRIMARY DETACHMENT : Chaos Space Marines

HQ1 : Daemon Prince; Daemon of Slaanesh; Wings; Power Armour; the Black Mace [260] - Warlord

Troop1 : 10 Chaos Cultists; Flamer [55]
Troop2 : 10 Chaos Cultists [50]

FA1 : Helldrake; Baleflamer [170]
FA2 : Helldrake; Baleflamer [170]
FA3 : Helldrake; Baleflamer [170]

HS1 : Maulerfiend [125]
HS2 : Maulerfiend [125]

FORTIFICATION : Aegis Defence Lines; Comms-Relay [70]

ALLIED DETACHMENT : Chaos Daemons

HQ1 : Lord of Change; Mastery Level 3; Greater Reward; Exalted Reward [305]
Troop1 : 10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch [90]
Troop2 : 10 Plaguebearers of Nurgle [90]
HS1 : Soul Grinder; Daemon of Slaanesh; Baleful Torrent [170]

TOTAL [1850]

I have a positive expectations about this match, so my task is to get points from it. Of course, I have no option to loose even by a little!

Mission: The Relic (6 pts) & Purge the Alien (difference in KP, max +6 points).
Deployment:  Vanguard Strike

Nobody was able to get the Relic, so I played on KPs.
Xellos deployed aggressively with troops in reserve. I deployed cautiously. Tyrants killed DP for FB, warlord and a KP first turn.
Maulers slow down one ravener brood, while helldrakes wipe half of the second brood. I focus the Lord and kill him too, then my warlord unlocks the raveners, destroying the Mauler, while second Mauler finish my second ravener brood. I outmaneuver helldrakes, so they have to hunt for gants and hiveguards.
On turn 4 I destroy grinder and rush into enemy deploy to earn KP’s on troops and lock his Mauler in my deploy with spawned gants. Raveners assault killing all but 1 plague and cannot pile in, consolidating into the open. The return fire from troops and helldrakes force my raveners to flee!
I manage to kill one helldrake, while Mauler manage to kill all the gants in combat and lock with tervigon.
The game end by timeout on turn 5. The result is 13-7 for tyranids. If I could play faster – I could earn more points, my fault!

 Xellos is an experienced and fair player but my list is a bad match up for his list, so the result is natural. Our teams played a draw with 2 points needed to achieve a team victory, so I was a bit sorry for getting not enough points, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment